Below are the rates for 2019 at Commercial Plus Pricing. Please reach out to me if you have any concerns or questions at email@example.com
First Class Package Pricing
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Priority Mail Commercial Plus Cubic
Commercial Plus Weight Zone/Weight Based Pricing
U.S. Postal Office proposes rate for January 27th, 2019. Below is the email and PDF I received today from the USPS tech team. In addition to price cell changes, the changes listed below are expected to enhance or affect USPS product pricing and selection. The vendor team is still investigating the necessary file, label and manifest impacts and we will distribute our Price Change Review document and schedule our Price Change webinar in the upcoming weeks. However, with the PRC filing and public announcement, we wanted to share the proposed scope to assist you with your release planning and preparation. As with other prices changes, please understand that these changes are proposed and are subject to change until final approval from the PRC.
1. Change Priority Mail dimensional weight divisor and apply dimensional weight pricing across all zones. The dimensional weight divisor will be reduced to 166 and dimensional weight pricing will now apply to all zones. Balloon pricing will no longer apply. Please note that Negotiated Service Agreements (NSA) may modify the dimensional weight divisor, dimensional threshold , non-rectangular dimensional adjustment factor, or limit the applicable weights and zones. Compliant systems should consider these elements as configurable variables. Expected impact: Price calculation and postage/tracking reporting via the SSF, NMATS, or Postage Statements.
2. Add dimensional weight to Priority Mail Express and Parcel Select. Dimensional weight rules similar to Priority Mail will now be applicable to Priority Mail Express and Parcel Select mail pieces. Expected impact: Price calculation and postage/tracking reporting via the SSF, NMATS or Postage Statements.
3. Add zone pricing to First-Class Package Service. USPS is planning to change First-Class Package Service (FCPS) to a zone-based pricing model. Expected impacts include: New processing for FCPS zone calculation and reporting of the zone in the SSF, NMATS or Postage Statements.
4. Eliminate First-Class Mail International weight breaks over 15.994 ounces. First-Class Mail International (FCMI) will no longer support pieces greater than 15.994 oz. Mail pieces greater than 15.994 oz. should be mailed via First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS). Expected impact: Price calculation and product selection logic.
5. Small parcel forwarding fee. USPS will implement a forwarding option for USPS Marketing Mail and Parcel Select Lightweight mail pieces. Expected impact: ACS account setup with the National Customer Support Center (NCSC).
6. Updates to Postage Statements. Postage statements will be updated to reflect the above changes and to include corrections from previous releases. Expected impact: 3600-PM, 3600-FCM, 3602-EZ.
Hunter Hartman is an eCommerce consultant based in Orange County, Southern California. His focus is on small-to-large eCommerce companies that are shipping business-to-consumer. Most of his clients are based in Southern California but he has clients nationwide. Through his shipping expertise he has helped hundreds of companies save money shipping small parcels and helped to integrate a more automated solution. For more information and a free consultation, please contact Hunter Hartman. Hunter also has his a secondary website, HunterHartman.com or visit PostageForce.com
Hunter Hartman is a shipping consultant in the eCommerce world. He blogs about the changing landscape of shipping.